There’s no better way to spring into action and catapult into culture than on an Avalon Active & Discovery cruise to the Netherlands and Belgium. Belgian chocolate workshop, classic paintings, and even graffiti walls glow brighter when you experience them in the most interactive ways.
Discover the graceful ways of Holland on an Active & Discovery cruise. The way the wind moves the grasses beneath the stalwart windmills of the “Low Countries;” how the city cobblestones buzz with the ubiquitous bicycles and lively cafes and canals in Amsterdam; or the narrow houses evoking a time gone by. The visions of Holland come to life as you float past unforgettable scenes, pedal past incomparable views, and capture it all in a painting class a la the Dutch Masters. Our varied selection of Classic, Discovery and Active excursions from Amsterdam to Brussels and back lets you experience Holland and Belgium in the most colourful and cultural ways.
Enjoy a little get-up-and-go on your cruising holiday when you:
- Soak in castle and farmland views on a walk through the woods and dunes of Domburg.
- Pedal past polders, dykes, and quaint centuries-old villages through the Dutch countryside.
- Take an architectural bike tour through Rotterdam to see the design highlights of Europe’s largest seaport.
And be moved.
Get off the beaten path and relish the world when you:
- Visit a century-old, oyster farm in Middleburg and savour the catch of the day.
- Paint the town red, green or whatever colour you choose on an interactive tour of Ghent’s Graffiti Street.
- Discover your inner artist at a Delft tile pottery workshop in Rotterdam or a painting class in Amsterdam.
Plus, Classic sightseeing is always available in every port along the way.