Why dip your toes in the Danube when you can explore and adore its landmarks, legends, customs and cuisine in the most interactive ways? Avalon’s Active & Discovery cruises on the Danube invite dreamers and doers to activate their curiosities. To look closer, dive deeper, and forage further into the hamlets and hills of Germany, Austria, and Hungary.
Uncover ancient traditions and local flavours in immersive ways. Enjoy leisurely sightseeing or on-your-own discoveries. Whether you walk through winding alleyways, hike to a castle, bike to a palace or row to your own sanctuary of scenery, our diverse offering of Classic, Discovery and Active excursions along the Danube redefines the rules of engagement.
Enjoy a little get-up-and-go on your cruising holiday when you:
- Sink your teeth into Count Dracula’s Visegrád prison tower on a hike to new heights.
- Paddle a canoe on an excursion through the picturesque Bend region.
- Pedal along the postcard-perfect Wachau Valley.
And Be Moved.
Get off the beaten path and relish the world when you:
- See the ancient jousting skills of the St. George Knightly Order at Visegrád Castle.
- Savour a merry morning walk, Vienna’s infamous café culture and VIP access to an art museum.
- Meet the Count of Clam at Austria’s 12th-century and beautifully preserved Clam Castle.
Plus, Classic sightseeing is always available in every port along the way.
Activate your senses and discover a world of wonder in all-new, entirely “you” ways on your personal, passion-packed cruise along the Danube.